Hey podcast listeners! It is Stefani Morgan, a communications manager for Young PR Pros. If you’re anything like me, you find it hard to keep up with the news and trends in our industry. We are just inundated with so much content, it is hard to cut through the noise and concentrate our very few precious minutes on something that is worth while. Never fear, Young PR Pros is here to help.
To help you stay up to date with the ever-evolving communications and public relations profession, we have started a new series for you called You don’t want to miss this. Every Wednesday, we will feature five articles you should check.
- I’m sure many of you have had that gut-wrenching experience where you get a piece of writing back from a boss, professor, editor, and it’s completely covered in red ink. I know I have. Although this is usually meant with the best intentions to improve your writing, it can still be disheartening. So if you hope to avoid this situation in the future, read this article on 11 ways to protect your writing from being mutilated.
- Why LinkedIn is a hot spot for communicators is a great article if you are on the fence about joining this trendy business and employment-oriented social networking service. You may learn a thing or two and it may just convince you to jump on the LinkedIn bandwagon.
- For many of us, worrying (whether it be about work or our person lives) is almost as natural as the world turning. To help put your mind at ease, this article titled How To Stop Worrying And Slay Your Workdays, will provide you with some reassuring words for your workday worries.
- Has anyone told you that your writing sounds like how you speak? Depending on the medium, this could be a good thing. Three Easy Rules to Help You Find Your Writing Voice is an interesting spin on how your writing should “sound”.
- Finally, this very relevant article, Meet The Woman Working To Make Podcasting More Diverse, is empowering for any woman in the world of podcasting and communications. It is a call to action to recognize the phenomenal work that women do in a seemingly male-dominated field.
If you can spare a few minutes during your day, I promise that all five of these articles are worth a read. And, if you only have time for one, you can’t go wrong with any of them. Each article has interesting tips or insights for not only communications and public relations professionals, but also for any career path you have chosen or will choose in the future.