The International Association of Business Communicators Ottawa chapter invites you to come and celebrate the opening of the 2011-2012 season! IABC is all about making connections and advancing careers so they would like to help you network by introducing you to the new board of directors and acknowledge the new accredited members. On what will surely be one of the last nights for good patio weather you’ll meet fellow IABC peers, talk with their podcast team from The Voice as well as the producers from MediaStyle!
This is a not to be missed event. So, to ensure all communicators in Ottawa are in attendance, I devised the top 5 reasons why you should ALL go, no exceptions.
- It is FREE! IABC is waiving the registration fee until Sept. 9. So even if you are a student or strapped for cash, you can afford it.
- Network! As communicators, part of our profession involves networking and making connections. What better place to network than in a room full of communications and marketing professionals like you. Especially if you are a student, come out and meet the wisest of the wise in communications, get your name out there, you never know if you will run in to someone who is looking to hire a student.
- Food! Why go home after work and slave over a hot stove. Skip the fast food and enjoy some delicious cuisine at Sidedoor.
- Learn something new! Every time I attend an IABC event I never fail to come home just a little bit smarter. At this event in particular the team from IABC Ottawa’s own podcast, The Voice, will be in attendance. If you have ever been curious as to what/how a podcast works, don’t miss the chance to meet the master minds behind The Voice.
- Last chance for patios! With the rain and cold weather, I hate to say it, but summer is coming to an end. But before it slips through out fingers and leaves us freezing, enjoy the beautiful patio at Sidedoor.
Here is all the information you need to get yourself to this event.
When: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: SIDEDOOR (formerly Foundation) 20 York Street, Ottawa.
Cost: FREE until Sept. 9! $10 for late and on-site registration
We hope to see you there!
Should the weather not cooperate the event will be moved indoors.
I am registered!!
That is great to hear!!