Tomorrow is election day in Ontario. An important day that showcases our country’s democracy.
Here are a few reasons why you should vote tomorrow:
- Make your voice heard. Don’t let others choose the fate of your government.
- If you don’t vote you can’t complain. Voting may not mean your preferred candidate gets chosen, but at least you stated your opinion. Nowadays there are even more ways to vote, check out the More Days, More Ways Election Ontario initiative. (Disclaimer: I work at Thornley Fallis & 76desing. Elections Ontario is one of our clients.)
- Take it as a learning opportunity and learn about provincial politics. This is your chance to read up on the different candidates running and learn about the issues affection Ontario. Find out what different candidates want to do to improve our province. It can be a wonderful learning experience.
- If we don’t care, politicians won’t care. If we don’t vote, those in power have no reason to care about our issues or us. Voting won’t change things overnight — but it is a tool. It’s one way to make the world more like the place you want it to be.
- Because you can. Be proud to be part of a democracy where you have the freedom to take part in the decision of choosing our province’s leader. We are very lucky to live in a country like Canada.
So get out and get your VoteOn!