In desperation of getting rid of some lettuce about to go bad, I came up with a delicious recipe for a fresh summer salad.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 whole clementine (or mandarin orange)
- 6 whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup of rice
- A handful of almonds
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Your favourite vinaigrette
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees celcius.
- Cook the chicken breast until brown on the outside.
- Place the almonds scattered on a pan with some olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper and salt to your liking. Cook for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Prepare your rice. In a sauce pan add 1/2 cup of rice and 1 cup of water. Bring water to a boil. Bring heat down to minimum and simmer for 10 minutes (this of course depends on the rice). Place rice in two serving bowls.
- Cut up enough lettuce for two salads. Place lettuce on top of beds of rice.
- Slice strawberries and sprinkle them on top of lettuce.
- Peal clementine or mandarin orange and sprinkle on top of lettuce.
- Take your cooked chicken breast and slice it into strips. Place half on each salad.
- Sprinkled roasted almonds on the top of your salad.
- Add your favourite vinaigrette.
This recipe makes two salads.
Nice..I can even adapt it for my veggie diet..