The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and we are all enjoying a nice cold drink on a patio somewhere around the world. School is out, work has slowed down, and it is time to catch up on that reading list. What are you going to read this summer to help you build and advance your career?
Kristine Simpson and Julia Kent, hosts of Young PR Pros, thought they would share with you their suggestions of excellent books for young professionals and communicators alike.
Here is what they suggest:
- Marketing in the Round by Gini Dietrick and Geoff Livingston
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson
- Peter Mansbridge One on One
- A Harlequin romance – listen in on the podcast to find out why 50 Shades of Grey should go on your summer reading list
- The High Road and The Best Laid Plan by Terry Fallis
- Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
We want to hear from you. What is on your summer reading list? What do you suggest the hosts read? Leave us a comment below or send us an email at email@example.com, or send us a message on Twitter @youngprpros, @kristinesimpson or @kentjulia.
Hey, thanks for the plug. Another great episode of YPRP. Nice job…
I have read both books and they are great. I also can tell that you have a secret love for the Library of Parliament. You are not alone. While I was a tour guide on the hill, my favourite stop was the library, and the tourists knew, because I would always talk waaay too much!